Saturday, November 27, 2021

The "We Want Ronnie" Movement

This is something I just came up with spur of the moment, based on two different fan laments I have been seeing.

1. We don't hear his new songs on the radio.

2. I wish he'd come to (insert name of city, state or venue here.)

So I came up with the idea of the #WeWantRonnie campaign.

I will admit, it is going to take a little bit of work on all our parts but here is how it's going to work. If you know of any country radio stations in your immediate listening area, call up and tell them, "we can't help but to notice that out of your great lineup, that you've not played any of Ronnie Milsap's new album "A Better Word For Love" or either of its singles "Wild Honey" or "Big Bertha" duet with Vince Gill. Play these please!"

Even if they say no right away or ignore you, keep after them. Contact them via email, their Facebook page, wherever. If you happen to contact that route, be sure to insert the hash tag #WeWantRonnie and use it everywhere else you can. We never know unless you try!

Same goes for seeing if you can get venues near you to book him. Many venues have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Send them a Tweet, a message, or tag them on Insta, and maybe even TikTok if they have it. Anywhere a venue that you'd like to see Ronnie has a social media presence, comment, message or contact in some other way and suggest that they get him. Hash tag with #WeWantRonnie. Call ones near you and ask to speak to the director in charge of booking and suggest it to them. If enough people want to see Ronnie they will consider him.

And if there aren't any venues, there are always going to be festivals and fairs and other places that feature live entertainment and all one has to do is get in touch with the person in charge of the planning committee and say, "hey I really love Ronnie Milsap. He frequently has sold out shows and I think he would be a great draw for your venue/event!" Let's face it: Ronnie has expressed a desire to keep going. I personally asked someone about this in Hinton, OK. Ronnie gets a lot of joy out of performing and he wants to keep going!

Now if you are successful in getting this to happen, and you either hear him on your local station or they announce booking him somewhere near you after it's suggested please let me know! I hope we are all successful. I have a few places near me that I've been pestering myself.

So let's do this!!! 29!

No comments: